Are you looking to take your guitar playing and sound to the next level? With so many options in acoustic guitars, it can be hard to know which one will fit your style. For those seeking out excellence for their instrument, Yamaha acoustic guitars are an excellent choice. Whether you’re a beginner or experienced musician, these top 10 Yamaha Acoustic Guitars on Amazon have been handpicked from among the best-of-the-best and offer something special for every player’s needs. Read on to find out more and discover which Yamaha is the perfect match for you!
Intro to Yamaha Acoustic Guitars
Have you ever felt the urge to pick up an acoustic guitar and make beautiful music? There’s something about the sound of strumming away at strings that’s both soothing and therapeutic. Whether you’re an experienced musician or a complete beginner, Yamaha acoustic guitars have something to offer for everyone. We’ll take a closer look at the different types of acoustic guitars from Yamaha and what makes them so special.
Yamaha acoustic guitars come in a variety of shapes and designs, each with unique features and sound qualities. One of the most popular models is the FG series, known for its rich and balanced tone. The FG800, for instance, has a solid spruce top and nato/okume back and sides, delivering a warm and vibrant sound. It’s a great choice for players who prefer a versatile guitar that can handle different music genres.
Another line of Yamaha acoustic guitars worth mentioning is the A series. These guitars are ideal for professionals and serious players who demand the highest quality sound and playability. The A5R, for example, is made with a solid rosewood body and Yamaha’s advanced SRT2 pickup system. It produces a clear and natural tone, perfectly suited for recording and live performances.
If you’re a beginner, Yamaha also offers a range of affordable acoustic guitars that are easy to play and sound great. The F310, for instance, is a classic dreadnought style guitar with a spruce top and meranti back and sides. It’s a popular choice for beginners because of its comfort and affordability. The APX600 is another great option for those who need a guitar with a smaller body size.
In addition to quality and sound, Yamaha acoustic guitars also boast a sleek and stylish design. The red label series, for example, features a vintage-inspired look with solid mahogany construction and scalloped bracing. These guitars look as good as they sound and are sure to turn heads.
Yamaha FG800 Folk Acoustic Guitar
- Solid sitka spruce top
- Nato back & sides
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Rosewood bridge
- Diecast tuners
1. Rich Sound: The Yamaha FG800’s tone is crisp, clear, and rich, thanks to its premium solid spruce top, a sturdy material that resonates perfectly and produces warm and bright sounds. Its dreadnought shape and scalloped bracing also help to deliver a well-balanced frequency response, with a solid bass, clear mid-range, and sparkling highs. Whether you’re strumming chords, fingerpicking, or playing leads, the FG800’s sound is consistently loud, clear, and resonant.
2. Superior Build Quality: In addition to its excellent sound, the Yamaha FG800 is built to last. It features a nato neck, a rosewood fretboard and bridge, and die-cast chrome tuners, all of which contribute to the guitar’s strength, stability, and playability. The neck’s slim profile and 25-inch scale length make it easy to fret and move around the fretboard, and the guitar’s action is low enough to suit most playing styles.
3. Great Value for Money: The Yamaha FG800 Folk Acoustic Guitar is an exceptional instrument for its price range. It offers a sound that rivals guitars that cost twice as much, and its high-quality build and components make it a reliable and versatile guitar for various playing styles, genres, and skill levels. Whether you’re a beginner, an intermediate player, or a professional musician, the FG800 is an excellent value for money.
4. Elegant Design: The Yamaha FG800 comes in two stylish finishes: natural and autumn burst. Both finishes feature a glossy finish that showcases the guitar’s natural wood grain and detailing. The natural finish has a classic, timeless look that blends with any stage or studio setting, while the autumn burst has a vintage-inspired style that adds a touch of nostalgia and elegance to the guitar’s appearance.
5. Versatility: The Yamaha FG800 is a versatile guitar that can adapt to various genres and playing styles. Its rich and bright sound is perfect for folk, country, blues, and rock music, and its comfortable playability and robust construction make it suitable for live performance, recording, and casual playing. Whether you’re a solo performer, a band member, or an aspiring songwriter, the FG800 can be an excellent companion for your musical journey.
Yamaha FS800 Small-Body Solid Top Acoustic Guitar
- Solid sitka spruce top
- Nato back & sides
- Rosewood fingerboard
- Rosewood bridge
- Diecast tuners
1. Superior Sound Quality: The first thing that comes to mind when we think of a guitar is its sound quality, and the Yamaha FS800 does not disappoint in that area. Boasting a solid Sitka spruce top, it produces a rich, full-bodied sound with excellent projection. Its medium-sized concert shape is excellent for finger-picking styles and strumming, and it provides outstanding clarity and balance on high and low notes.
2. Durable Build: The Yamaha FS800 Small-Body Solid Top Acoustic Guitar sports a sturdy, laminated back and sides, making it ideal for traveling musicians and those who perform frequently. The build offers excellent protection against dents, warping, and scratches, ensuring the guitar maintains its pristine appearance and sound quality.
3. Comfortable Playability: The Yamaha FS800 has a slim, comfortable neck that makes it easy to play for extended periods without straining the hand. The action is also lightweight, making it an excellent instrument for beginners. This feature means that you can move smoothly from note to note, allowing for more natural transitions during your musical journey.
4. Affordable Pricing: For such an amazing instrument, you might expect to pay a premium price, but the Yamaha FS800 is incredibly affordable without compromising on quality. It is perfect for aspiring guitarists who want to advance their musical skills and professionals looking for a reliable instrument.
5. Suitable for All Types of Music: Finally, the Yamaha FS800 Small-Body Solid Top Acoustic Guitar is ideal for all genres of music. Whether you love rock, country, blues, or classical, the FS800’s versatility means that you can play any song in any style. The guitar comes in five different finishes, so you can choose one that best suits your style and preferences.
Yamaha APXT2 3/4-Size Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Spruce Top
- Rosewood Fingerboard & Bridge
- System 68 Pick-Up
- Gig bag Included
- Bridge Pins:Black ABS
1. Comfortable Playability: The guitar has a thin-profile neck, making it comfortable for anyone to play, regardless of their hand size. The fretboard is made of Rosewood, making it easy to navigate through the frets and chords. The guitar also has a cutaway design that allows for easy access to the higher frets. When it comes to sound, the guitar produces a balanced sound, both plugged and unplugged.
2. Quality Build: Yamaha is known for producing quality instruments, and the APXT2 is no different. The guitar has a spruce top and meranti back and sides, producing a warm and articulate sound. The bracing of the guitar is designed to optimize the sound projection. The guitar is lightweight and easy to carry around, making it ideal for travel or performance.
3. Electronics: The APXT2 features System68 pickup and preamp, which provides a well-balanced and natural sound when connected to an amplifier. The controls are simple, with a master volume, tone control, and a built-in tuner. The tuner is accurate and easy to use, making it convenient for beginners to tune their guitar.
4. Accessories: The guitar comes with a gig bag, making it easy to transport. The bag is well-padded and provides ample protection for the guitar when on the move. The guitar also comes with extra strings and a strap, making it simple to start playing right away.
5. Affordability: One of the best things about the Yamaha APXT2 is its affordability. It’s hard to find a guitar of this quality in its price range. The guitar is well-built, sounds great, and has all the right features to make it easy for anyone to play.
Yamaha FGX800C Solid Top Folk Cutaway Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Solid Sitka Spruce Top
- Nato Back & Sides
- Rosewood Fingerboard & Bridge
- Diecast Tuners
- System 66 feature an under-saddle piezo pickup with a 3-band EQ, an adjustable mid-range frequency control, and a precision chromatic tuner for optimum sound tailoring.
1. Superior Sound Quality: The Yamaha FGX800C’s solid spruce top construction and nato/okume back and sides produce a rich, warm tone with impressive resonance. It delivers a stunning sound that can be heard and felt anywhere, from open mic nights to large crowds. Whether you are performing live, recording in the studio or jamming with friends, the FGX800C offers high-quality acoustic-electric sound that you will appreciate for years to come.
2. Cutaway Design: The cutaway body design of the Yamaha FGX800C allows for excellent sound projection and easy access to the upper frets, making it perfect for soloing. The guitar’s slim, comfortable neck profile is easy to handle, and its high-quality hardware ensures smooth operation and tuning stability.
3. Great Electronics: The Yamaha FGX800C also features a pickup system designed and customized by Yamaha, making it the perfect guitar for both stage and studio. It has a built-in preamp with three-band equalizer, adjustable midrange frequency control, and a precision chromatic tuner. The preamp also includes an under-saddle piezo pickup, which provides flawless, natural amplification for live performances, recordings, and rehearsals.
4. High-Quality Construction: The Yamaha FGX800C is built to last, with its durable materials and excellent craftsmanship. The guitar’s solid spruce top is designed to withstand the test of time, ensuring that you will have a beautiful sounding instrument for decades to come. The body of the FGX800C is made of nato, which is known for its excellent resonance and durability. Additionally, the rosewood fingerboard provides excellent playing comfort while delivering clear and articulate tones.
5. Affordability: The Yamaha FGX800C is an incredibly affordable guitar, making it a great choice for anyone looking for a high-quality instrument without breaking the bank. Whether you are a professional musician or a beginner, this guitar can offer you everything you need to get started with your musical journey. From its impressive sound quality to its excellent playability, the Yamaha FGX800C is the perfect guitar for any budget.
Yamaha LL6 ARE Left Handed Acoustic Electric Guitar
- Hand-selected premium solid Engelmann Spruce top treated with A.R.E.
- A.R.E. (Acoustic Resonance Enhancement) is an original wood reforming technology developed by Yamaha
- Rosewood Back & Sides
- 5-ply neck with high comfort traditional profile
- SRT Zero Impact (passive) Pickup
1. Unmatched Sound Quality: The Yamaha LL6 ARE Left Handed features a solid Engelmann spruce top, which gives the guitar a rich and bold sound. The unamplified tone is already impressive, but when plugged into an amplifier, it reveals a whole new level of brilliance. The solid rosewood back and sides contribute to a warm and balanced tone, while the fanned bracing design enhances the projection and sustain. This guitar produces a sound that is clear, articulate, and full-bodied, making it excellent for both fingerstyle and strumming styles of playing.
2. Exceptionally Easy to Play: When it comes to playability, Yamaha LL6 ARE Left Handed is hard to beat. The guitar has a slim and comfortable neck that makes it a breeze to play for long hours without experiencing fatigue. The fretboard is made of ebony, so the strings glide smoothly across the board when playing. The body shape and size are also well-balanced, making it easy to reach any part of the guitar without straining your hand position. All of these features combined create an instrument that is a joy to play.
3. Advanced Acoustic Resonance Enhancement (ARE) Technology: One of the unique features of Yamaha LL6 ARE Left Handed is the Advanced Acoustic Resonance Enhancement (ARE) technology. This innovative technology uses heat, humidity, and atmospheric pressure to simulate aging, which in turn affects the wood’s molecular structure. The result is a guitar that produces a tone that is richer, warmer, and more responsive than other acoustics in its class. This technology ensures that the Yamaha LL6 ARE Left Handed has consistent performance and sound every time you play it.
4. Ideal for Live Performances and Recording Sessions: The Yamaha LL6 ARE Left Handed is not just an acoustic guitar; it’s also an electric guitar that has a built-in System66 preamp and SRT Zero Impact pickup system. These features make it easy to plug and play any time you want to take your performance to the stage or record your music in a studio. The System66 preamp includes a 3-band EQ, an adjustable mid-range frequency control, and a built-in tuner, which allows you to adjust the sound to your liking and eliminate any feedback or unwanted noise.
5. Durable and Reliable: Yamaha is a renowned brand in the world of music instruments, and their expertise and attention to detail are evident in the Yamaha LL6 ARE Left Handed guitar. This guitar is built to last, thanks to its sturdy construction, quality materials, and excellent craftsmanship. You can rest assured that this guitar will withstand the test of time and deliver consistent performance for years to come.
Yamaha SLG200S Steel String Silent Electric Travel Guitar
- Steel Strings, Natural Finish
- The SLG is the perfect instrument for practice, travel or stage use – any time an acoustic guitar just won’t do.
- Near-silent performance makes discrete practice simple. Fingerboard Width (0F, 14F) 43m – 55mm (1 11/16 – 2 5/32 inch)
- Yamaha’s exclusive SRT-Powered pickup system gives incredibly natural acoustic tone through headphones or line-out
- Studio-quality on-board effects enhance your playing to perfectio and line-in functionality makes jamming easy
1. Design and Portability: The Yamaha SLG200S is a sleek and compact guitar with a unique design that makes it perfect for travel. Unlike most guitars, it has no soundbox, holes, or pickups, which means it’s more lightweight and portable. The guitar’s body is made of mahogany and rosewood, and it has a detachable frame that makes it easy to carry around. It comes with a custom gig bag that fits the guitar and its accessories comfortably. You can easily fit this guitar in the overhead compartments of a plane, car trunk, or backpack.
2. Silent Playing: One of the most unique features of this guitar is its ability to be played silently. The guitar has a built-in headphone jack that allows you to plug in your headphones and play without disturbing anyone around you. You can also connect it to an amplifier or sound system for those times when you need to play out loud. The guitar has a volume control knob and a built-in digital effects processor that allows you to customize your sound. You can experiment with reverb, chorus, and distortion effects to add depth and character to your playing.
3. Authentic Acoustic Sound: Despite its silent playing capabilities, the Yamaha SLG200S guitar produces an authentic acoustic sound when played out loud. The guitar has a piezo pickup that senses the vibrations of the strings and converts them into sound. The pickups are mounted on the guitar’s bridge, which helps to capture the sound of the guitar’s body and strings. The guitar produces a full and rich sound that is surprisingly similar to that of an acoustic guitar.
4. Playability and Comfort: The Yamaha SLG200S guitar is designed for playability and comfort. The guitar has a slim neck shape that makes it easy to play and allows for comfortable finger positioning. The fretboard is made of rosewood, which gives it a smooth and natural feel. The guitar’s action is also adjustable, which allows you to customize the feel of the strings to your preference. The guitar is also equipped with a strap button, which allows you to play the guitar while standing up.
5. Cost-Effective: The Yamaha SLG200S guitar is a cost-effective choice for those who want a high-quality travel guitar. The guitar’s price point is lower than that of most acoustic guitars of similar quality. Its unique design and features make it well worth the investment. It’s a versatile guitar that is perfect for practice, recording, and playing live. It’s also a guitar that will last for years to come.
Wrap Up – Pros and Cons of Owning a Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced guitar player, owning a high-quality acoustic guitar is essential. Yamaha guitars are known for their quality sound, design, and affordability. However, before investing in a Yamaha acoustic guitar, it is vital to understand the pros and cons of owning one. In this blog post, we will review the benefits and drawbacks of owning a Yamaha acoustic guitar and help you make a more informed decision.
1. Quality Sound: Yamaha guitars are known for their exquisite sound quality. They produce a warm and rich tone that is perfect for various musical genres, including folk, blues, and classical.
2. Durable and Long-lasting: Yamaha guitars are built to last. You can expect a solid build and high-quality materials, ensuring that your guitar is protected from scratches and dings for years.
3. Affordable: Yamaha guitars are known for their affordability. They offer high-quality instruments at an affordable price range, making them accessible to beginner and intermediate guitar players.
4. Versatile: Yamaha acoustic guitars come in various sizes, shapes, and styles, making them perfect for different playing styles and preferences.
1. Limited customization: Yamaha acoustic guitars are built with standard features, which means that customization options are limited.
2. Less Attractive Design: Yamaha guitars don’t always have the most attractive design, which might not be a deal-breaker for some guitar players. However, if you are looking for a guitar with a unique and attractive design, Yamaha might not be the brand for you.
3. Some models are not as loud: Some Yamaha acoustic guitars have a lower projection that may not be loud enough, especially when playing with other instruments.
4. Limited growth potential: Yamaha guitars are excellent for beginners and intermediate players, but if you want to take your skills to the next level, you might need to invest in a more advanced and expensive guitar.
In conclusion, Yamaha acoustic guitars are a great choice for beginner and intermediate players, but they may not be suitable for advanced players or those looking for a customized or attractive instrument. If you are in the market for an affordable and durable guitar with excellent sound quality, then a Yamaha acoustic guitar is a great option. However, if you are looking for something more customized or have a specific style or sound in mind, then it might be worth exploring other brands. Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference, but knowing the pros and cons will make your decision-making process easier.